Apper hittar inte bilder från Google Foto

Diskussion i 'Applikationer' startad av Jocd1, 12 jul 2018.

1. Jocd1

Jocd1 Infant Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    Hej! (i hope its ok to write in english? i dont write swedish very well, but you can reply in swedish if you want to!)

Today i discovered that i can no longer send photos from Google Foto app on Messenger or Google Messages. It tries to find pictures in the stock gallery when i try to send pictures in a conversation. And i cant choose between Google Foto and the stock gallery app. I also choosed Google Foto to be the standard app. This is on a Huawei P20.

Does anyone else experienced this problem and know a solution?

2. keyser

keyser Professional Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    11 127
    Telefon:
    Google Pixel 6a

MINA ENHETER

Telefon:
    Google Pixel 6a
    Platta:
    iPad Air (2019)
    Might not be the same thing, but I've had problems attaching photos from Google Photos in 3rd party apps after I've backed them up to the cloud and then deleted the local copy. Try to opening the image in Google Photos and chose "Save to device" from the menu. See if that makes them show up.

3. Jocd1

Mottagna gillanden:
    Thanks for your reply. If i save the picture then i can send it in whatever app but not when its saved online and deleted the picture. Really annoying, whats the point with Google Photos if you cant share pictures (unless you save it first which is a real hassle).

4. Asawi

Asawi Android Apprentice Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    4 720
    Operatör:
    Vimla
    Telefon:
    Xiaomi Mi11 Lite

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Vimla
    Telefon:
    Xiaomi Mi11 Lite
    Platta:
    iPad Air 2 LTE
    I can still use the "share" option (bottom left) i Google Photo after I delete the local copy. Another phone though...

Screenshot_20180713-135627.png

5. Jocd1

Mottagna gillanden:
    Yeah, thats a workaround. But i still think its easier to just add a picture when you're already inside a conversation on Messenger. Friendly (another version of Facebook) gives me the option to upload pictures from Google Photo. So the makers of the apps probably have to enable it somehow.

Asawi gillar detta.
  6. keyser

keyser Professional Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    11 127
    Telefon:
    Google Pixel 6a

MINA ENHETER

Telefon:
    Google Pixel 6a
    Platta:
    iPad Air (2019)
    It's probably access related, when the image isn't located on the phone, the 3rd party app needs access to your photos account to download and send them.

For example using Google Hangouts you get access to all the images in Google Photos. Which makes sense since they are both Google apps connected to your account.

7. Jocd1

Mottagna gillanden:
    You're right. Hopefully in the future theres a solution for this.
    Anyways, cant complain on having unlimited storage and no pictures taking up space on my phone :)