Problem: keyboard mix different input languages in 3x4 keyboard

Diskussion i 'Galaxy S10+' startad av marp68, 20 apr 2020.

1. marp68

marp68 Kid Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Just bought it recently....

Why does the Samsung default 3x4 keyboard suggests words in other languages than the language I have temporarily chosen in the keyboard?

I have three input languages, Swedish, English and Spanish, and use 3x4 keyboard (Samsung default keyboard)

But when I use, for example, Swedish, I get a mix of suggestions not only in Swedish, but also in English and Spanish. This many times prevents the keyboard from showing more Swedish options, many times not giving me the word I want. Same goes if I switch to Spanish. Then I get a mix of suggestions of also Swedish and English.

Another thing is that the keyboard many times not even suggest the most common word, but other more rare words. So I instead have to spell it. And spelling in 3x4 means, as you know, holding the button for a while and then choose the word.

Am I missing something her or is it something wrong? If you have the ability to change input language, the keyboard should suggest only in that language, shouldn't it? And why doesn't it even suggest common words?

Would be grateful for feedback

/M

2. jnsson

jnsson Operatörsnörd Moderator

Mottagna gillanden:
    17 690
    Operatör:
    Tele2, Halebop
    Telefon:
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 5

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Tele2, Halebop
    Telefon:
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
    ROM:
    Pixel Experience
    Telefon 3:
    Google Pixel
    Platta:
    Lenovo Tab M9
    Platta 2:
    Huawei MediaPad T5 32GB 4G
    Övrigt:
    Chromecast 2nd Gen, Mi Band 6, Google Nest och Home enheter
    I can choose (at least in Google Keyboard) to show both language or not. Check if you can have a option of that in Samsung Keyboard settings

3. marp68

marp68 Kid Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Thanks for your feeedback.

There is no more selection option than the usual in the Samsung. So when I swipe it to Swedish I still get suggestions in the other chosen input languages as well. No other option to completely choose one language. Then I would have to remove the other two input languages. But the most annoying s that I get weird suggestions even in the chosen language. Not the most common words that show up first.

I tried Google, but it doesn't have 3x4/T9 keyboard. And I kind of like that, seems I write much faster. The Google seems to stick to one language though, so I might have to start using qwerty instead.

I tried some T9 keyboarsds, but they were really bad.

4. TseykSuli

TseykSuli Professional Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Tele2, Tre
    Telefon:
    Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra 1TB

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Tele2, Tre
    Telefon:
    Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra 1TB
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Telefon 2:
    Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 1TB
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Telefon 3:
    Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 512GB
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Platta:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab s8 Ultra 512GB
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Qwerty keyboard is best when you going to type with two fingers. Then you can type faster than with T9 keyboard.

5. marp68

marp68 Kid Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

That's actually interesting, since with T9 you don't have to press as many keys and can accept words along the typing. But that depends of course that the T9 keyboard sticks to the language you have chosen and that the most common used words are presented first.

6. marp68

marp68 Kid Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Well, something must be wrong with my keyboard, since:
    - it suggest words from all the added input languages when typing and not the, for the moment, chosen one.
    - it suggest a lot of odd and rarely used words, instead of the most common words
    - it many times type just a bunch of letters that don't even mean anything, but in the list suggest the other odd or correct words.

Or is this normal behaviour? My S5 Samsung T9/3x4 keyboard was way better in suggest common and correct words, and first from the chosen input language.

Could bad phone hardware or malfunctioning software cause an app to behave incorrectly? I have the latest update, have wiped the cache.

Any other tips?