Is this normal charge time?

Diskussion i 'Galaxy S10+' startad av marp68, 29 apr 2020.

1. marp68

marp68 Kid Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Turned off it takes 2h and 15 min to charge it fully. Is that okej? Read somewhere that they had tested a new one which took 1h and 45 min to charge with the included standard charger.

With the phone on, it took over three hours to charge. Is that really normal? No wifi, bluetooth, gps, hotspot etc on. Only the 4G network. Battery optimizing on etc. And I didn't use it. Only 1 sim card, but a 64 Gb Sd card which is almost full.

I bought it second hand from a store which give 1 year warranty. Looked almost as new. Should I return it?

Can I do something more to optimize charging time? Samsug chat told me to reset it, but it was already reset etc when I bought it. I used smartswitch to copy the apps from other phone. He told me it's generally better to install manually the apps. Anyone know why?

Thanks
    M

2. marp68

marp68 Kid Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

I'm thinking of buying a quick charger to be able to charge even faster at home before leaving home. But I read that quick charging is bad for battery. Any opinion?

3. TseykSuli

TseykSuli Professional Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Tele2, Tre
    Telefon:
    Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra 1TB

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Tele2, Tre
    Telefon:
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Telefon 2:
    Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 1TB
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Telefon 3:
    Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 512GB
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Platta:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab s8 Ultra 512GB
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Quick charge is only bad for the battery if battery itself is not meant for it.

Battery in our phones are meant for it. On my charger it says Adaptive Fast Charger.

If you use 45W it won't be any faster. Since you will still only get 1500mAh-2000mAh maximum speed. Due to the phone is limited to it because of the battery.

4. marp68

marp68 Kid Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Thanks.
    So you mean that I'm already fast charging, since according it's already charging up to 1800 sometimes, but around 1500 usually and drops sometimes to 500 mAh? I thought that was the "normal" charging.

So, there is no way to get it to charge with higher Ah? I read somewhere that it could fast charge up to 25W, but not 45W. And also read that people were hoping Samsung would enable it through software update. That the battery would tolerate a higher charging.

I would like to be able to fast charge it before leaving home. Or from a batterypack if it's drained outside.

Over two hours with the phone off and over three hours with it on is way to much in this modern days. And it's so strange they can't make them last longer than 10-12 hours. It means that it takes one third of the time to just charge them.

5. marp68

marp68 Kid Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

The charger I got with it is not original. It's a:

G-SP Charger, 5V, 2100 mA
    G-SP USB cable, type C - A, up to 3A, up to 10 Gb data, usb 3.1, 1 meter

The charger says nothing about Adaptive Fast Charger. Must it say Adaptive to charge fast with S10 plus?

Turning ON or OFF the Quick charge setting on the phone doesn't make a difference. It charges always with around 1500 mA. Beginning at up to 1800, then drops to around 1200-1700 mA.

So what does this Quick charge setting serves, if it charges the same off and already charge max speed?

Last edited: 30 apr 2020
  6. TseykSuli

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Tele2, Tre
    Telefon:

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Tele2, Tre
    Telefon:
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Telefon 2:
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Telefon 3:
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Platta:
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Try buying samsungs official charger and see if it works better. Since you got thied party charger

7. marp68

marp68 Kid Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Thanks. Don't want to buy if I don't need.

My friend has a A40 charger. Would that work?

And do you know anything about the quick charge settings? Since it charges the same amount of A both ON and OFF. And since 2000 mA is the highest possible according to another answer, is that "fast charging" on this model?

8. TseykSuli

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Tele2, Tre
    Telefon:

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Tele2, Tre
    Telefon:
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Telefon 2:
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Telefon 3:
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Platta:
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Quick charge settings is probably for snapdragon chargers. Since Samsung started from s10 series or note 10 series to support quick charge. So now you can use chargers that takes use of snapdragon quick charge technology. So this setting won't affect samsungs own adaptive fast charging.

9. Dashio

Dashio Senior Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Vimla

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Vimla
    Platta:
    Surface Pro 4
    Mate, had the same issue as you and I bought their OEM charger with 15w. Takes now 1,5h instead of 2h to charge. Thats their "fast charging" :D

10. marp68

marp68 Kid Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Thanks, great to know. Realized I can always return it if it doesn't work better.

I think I have the Exynox. Do you mean I can charge faster than before using a different charger?

11. TseykSuli

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Tele2, Tre
    Telefon:

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Tele2, Tre
    Telefon:
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Telefon 2:
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Telefon 3:
    ROM:
    Android 14
    Platta:
    ROM:
    Android 14
    No what i mean is snapdragon has built their own fast charging type of tech. Phones that comes with snapdragon has quick charge 2.0 or 3.0 by snapdragon. So those chargers will also work on your samsung since it has support for the quick charge from snapdragon.

So thats why you have quick charge in the charge settings so you can decide if you want to allow those charger types or not.

12. marp68

marp68 Kid Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

I tried with a original samsung charger. And when plugging it in the charging even went up to 2,7 A sometimes. That seems strange, since it says on the charger that its 2,1 A charger. How can that be?

But the good news is that the charging time decreased very much. From 0 to 100 % and turned off, the charging time was 1 h 35 min. And turned on but without using it, it took 1 h 38 min. So that seems okej.

Nevertheless, I'm rather disapointed about how long the battery lasts. Fully charged in the morning it doesn't last the day. Wifi, gps, bluetooth turned off, medium power saving mode, other battery saving features on, no gaming. Just using some gmail, reading newspaper, surfing, some fb, messenger, whatsapp or checking some other things. Sometimes using the hotspot on for laptop during the day or chromecast during the night. that's almost full. Have a 64 Gb memory card. Even my old S5 lasted longer with the same user activities.

Is it still normal with so short battery time? It's really kind of weird these days that such a thing that you use for so many things can't last longer.