Diskussion: cooking app idea

Diskussion i 'Appförslag och idéer' startad av Claudia Fields, 21 okt 2019.

1. Claudia Fields

Claudia Fields Baby Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    What is the possibility of creating an Android app to show ingredients and the amount of ingredients for a recipe when the name of the food is entered? Just say, we select 1 Kg of butter cake..and the app shows the ingredients, amount and the cooking method? Is it a nut idea?

2. e7andy

e7andy Professional Droid Hedersmedlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    Telefon:
    Huawei P10 Plus

MINA ENHETER

Telefon:
    Huawei P10 Plus
    Telefon 2:
    Nexus 5
    Telefon 3:
    ADP1
    Övrigt:
    LG G Watch R, ChromeCast
    The problem is not if it is possible to create such an app. The question is if enough ppl is interested in using it. The main development issue is to gather all the recipes to make it really useful.

If the only purpose for the app is to show the ingredients, amount etc. from the weight of the finished product then I think it is a nut idea. Very few ppl are interested in the weight of the final product and it is very hard to relate to. More interesting is the number of cookies, portions, number of servings for a cake etc.

I checked https://www.ica.se and they got a function for changing the number of servings for each recipe and the amounts are changed correspondingly.
    Same with https://www.arla.se

Claudia Fields gillar detta.
  3. Nerre

Nerre Professional Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Telenor
    Telefon:
    Xperia Z1 compact

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Telenor
    Telefon:
    Xperia Z1 compact
    Övrigt:
    Smartwatch 3
    Writing the app would be simple, generating a useful database with recipes will be a lot harder.

I mean, Meal Master was available back in the end of the 80:s.