Bravo Huawei !, (öppen källkod)

Diskussion i 'Huawei Allmänt' startad av DrT, 9 jan 2018.

1. DrT

DrT Android Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    2 391

MINA ENHETER

https://www.xda-developers.com/honor-open-source-program-honor-view-10/

"Honor took a page out of Sony’s open source book in an announcement on Monday when it kicked off the Honor Open Source Program for the Honor View 10. It aims to provide much-needed kernel sources — an essential part of custom ROM development — in a timely fashion, and application programming interfaces (APIs) that allow developers to take advantage of AI capabilities in chips like Huawei’s Kirin processor.

“We are opening the AI source and bootloaders for the Honor View 10 to developers to be able to have access not only the AI APIs, but also root and give the opportunity ROMs,” an Honor spokesperson wrote in a post on the XDA Forums. “We want to see what some of you can do by having access to our AI ecosystem.”

What’s more, Huawei also said that it’ll supply 1,000 developers with Honor View 10 units to get popular custom ROM developers off the races, and that it’s already in contact with the Paranoid Android and LineageOS teams. If you’re a developer and interested in nabbing a phone for yourself, you can apply for one here. Alternatively, Huawei’s taking nominations for developers in the official announcement thread.

The Honor Open Source Program for the Honor View 10’s pegged for a late January 2018 rollout, and it’ll be exciting to see what comes of it. With access to Huawei’s open AI ecosystem, there’s no telling what exciting applications and ROMs developers will make."

Hoppas det är nått som kommer till alla enheter i framtiden.

Snapphane, Oceanic och bernard gillar detta.
  2. bernard

bernard Droidmin Moderator

Mottagna gillanden:
    44 757
    Operatör:
    Tre+Fello
    Telefon:
    Pixel 7 Pro+iPhone 13 mini

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Tre+Fello
    Telefon:
    Pixel 7 Pro+iPhone 13 mini
    ROM:
    Stock
    Platta:
    Watch Series 7
    Övrigt:
    Huawei Watch GT (2019)
    Det var mycket glädjande nyheter. Extra häftigt med åtkomst till AI-delen utan att låsa till API:erna.

Om det är en punkt där många av de kinesiska tillverkarna (telefon såväl som SoC/halveldare), varit dåliga, så är det att dela med sig av kod. I många fall dröjer det evigheter, om något händer alls, och när något väl släpps så är det minsta möjliga mängd kod med bristfällig eller ingen dokumentation.

Man kan också ana att Mediatek m.fl. håller på att ställa om till en modell som bygger på öppen källkod.

3. sydeu

sydeu Senior Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Telia
    Telefon:
    S10

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Telia
    Telefon:
    S10
    Platta:
    iPad Pro 10.5
    ROM:
    iOS 12
    Detta sas i samband med honor 8 också och vi såg ju hur utveckling där såg ut. Absolut att detta är positivt men ta inte för mycket i förskott.

bernard gillar detta.