Is easy to work as a developer Android in Sweden?

Diskussion i 'International forum' startad av sersanm2, 17 jun 2012.

1. sersanm2

sersanm2 Infant Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Hello,
    I went to stockholm three years ago for visit a friend and i fall in love of this country. When come back to spain, I said I will return someday for to work here. Now in Spain is very complicated find a good job. The companies are offering horrible labor contracts where don't value the workers. Is very sad see how people earn more money in a supermarket that a engineer... and when I have a interview with the boss he said "If you don't want this conditions, there are a lot of people back that will accept"....

For this reason I want prove lucky abroad. Where I could find swedish companies that create Android Applications for send us my CV?

Thanks!!

2. Ascii

Ascii Android Expert Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    3 148

MINA ENHETER

I know that there are jobs in which you get to be an android developer, I just don't know any specific ones. I guess you could always either google your query or check the classifieds every day. Regarding your topic question if it's easy to work as an android developer: I can't say if it's easy to specifically work as an android developer per se, however I do know that certain companies are looking for Unix/Linux maintainers/sysadmins.

I suppose studying android and its tricks and kinks and then publish apps to the Play Store (after paying the developer fee of $25) is a start.

EDIT: I googled this myself and didn't come up with anything good. It was either a lousy search engine bullshit spam page or a job that was already taken.

Last edited: 18 jun 2012
  3. Ziq

Ziq Senior Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Tele2
    Telefon:
    Samsung Galaxy S7

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Tele2
    Telefon:
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    ROM:
    Stock
    Platta:
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    ROM:
    [AOSP] Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
    I would recommend this site:
    http://www.monster.se/

There you can upload your CV to their database and search for vacancies. Searching "Android" gives 15 different positions at the moment.

It's good to upload your CV there since there are many recruiters who scans their database in search of suitable persons when they try to fill a position.

You might need to use google translate to use the page though..

4. MarkTheGreat

MarkTheGreat Youth Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Also: Knowing the Swedish language, Swedish culture and Swedish needs is probably going to help you.

5. Heffa

Heffa Kid Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

I don't agree that you need to speak Swedish to work here, especially as a developer or similar, where most people use english anyway!
    Generally, swedes are pretty used to speaking English (after all we start learning it pretty early in school), so that will get you a VERY long way here!

Good luck!

6. Ascii

Ascii Android Expert Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    3 148

MINA ENHETER

You're correct where you say we're pretty used to speaking English and that we learn it at an early age in school, but you left out the sad fact that some are VERY reluctant to speak English and will do just about anything to not have to.

Sad, but true.

7. simpleminds

simpleminds Teen Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Although, that is a minority. Working in engineer-environments ensures English-speaking people.

8. Lafsen

Lafsen Kid Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

As stated, that is a minority and i think a swedish employer dont want this kind of conservative people in a developer community

9. neddie

neddie Android Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    1 057

MINA ENHETER

this couldnt be more wrong today.. this is something that is good for yourself to make yourself understood although pretty much the vast majority of people in sweden speak english.

Culture etc... own interest other than that it doesnt matter. Swedish labourforce is very multicultural.

10. Yaku

Yaku Infant Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

No and Yes :)

Currently i go to SFI here in Sweden and i see that good english is just not good enough if you are searching for a job as individual, my english as german is far from perfect but there is also an english environmental engineer who has not yet found a job within the last 6 month, it´s easy for those comming with expat contracts in a bigger company if you don´t english isn´t an asset in a country in which anyone can speak english, yes you will have no problems to communicate at any place but empoyers hire swedish speakers over english speakers! Sure there might be exceptions but that is my experience since i live here.

greetings

Yaku

11. Norsehawk

Norsehawk Senior Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Comviq
    Telefon:
    Samsung Galaxy S10+

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Comviq
    Telefon:
    Samsung Galaxy S10+
    Of curse that our employers hires Swedish speakers over English speakers. Was that a surprise to you? You must learn Swedish if you want that job that many swedes seeks. Simple as that.

Its like if I was going to live in Berlin and work as a teacher. Would anyone hire me at any German school if I only spoke English?

(Btw I can speak good German and several other languages too).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

12. e7andy

e7andy Professional Droid Hedersmedlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    Telefon:
    Huawei P10 Plus

MINA ENHETER

Telefon:
    Huawei P10 Plus
    Telefon 2:
    Nexus 5
    Telefon 3:
    ADP1
    Övrigt:
    LG G Watch R, ChromeCast
    Most Swedish developers are very good in English. At least in reading and understanding spoken English. Documentation and code are usually written in English (and should be).
    They are not as good in writing in English, but they are good enough.

I've worked in several multi national projects and noticed that it is a lot harder to work together with those that don't understand spoken Swedish.
    Note! As long as they understand spoken Swedish it works great. They don't need to speak Swedish themselfs since we understand English more or less perfectly.

The problem is that Swedes are not good and confident enough in speaking English.