Diskussion: Pinebuds från Pine64

Diskussion i 'Hörlurar' startad av Boris92, 19 maj 2022.

1. Boris92

Boris92 Professional Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Bahnhof, Fello
    Telefon:
    Oneplus

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Bahnhof, Fello
    Telefon:
    Oneplus
    ROM:
    LOS
    Info:
    Degoogled
    Ser man där, världens första hörlurar som har öppen källkod och hårdvara.

Introducing the PineBuds and PinePod. Seriously. | PINE64

Wireless Ear Buds Powered by Open Source? Sounds Good To Me! - OMG! Ubuntu!

Upcoming PineSound Offers an Open Bluetooth Audio Dev Experience — Exemplified in the PineBuds - Hackster.io

Anledning varför detta är stort, man slipper betala för proprietära dyra decoders som AptX, LDAC, LHDC, He-AAC LC3. Så det är bara att ladda in FFMpeg, Opus, Vorbis som decoder.

Last edited: 10 jun 2022
    chraist och bernard gillar detta.
  2. Boris92

Boris92 Professional Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Bahnhof, Fello
    Telefon:
    Oneplus

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Bahnhof, Fello
    Telefon:
    Oneplus
    ROM:
    LOS
    Info:
    Degoogled
    PineSound

The first PineSound development boards have already been allocated, and I got some hands-on time with both the board and PineBuds prototype earlier this month. There isn’t much I can say about the PineSound dev board that I haven’t already said in last month’s update, but I wanted to share my experience with the PineBuds. Consider this a first look. Before I get into it, I want to make it clear that it will take (yet undetermined) time before the buds become available, and much will change between now and then. I also won’t write about the feel of the plastic, since this prototype was CNCd (yeah, I didn’t know you can CNC plastic either), and in all likelihood, the final version will end up feeling nothing like this. The buds themselves are nice, really small, and light. They are not the smallest buds I’ve ever seen, but they are certainly among the smaller ones I’ve tried (and I’ve tried quite a few – I’m a bit of a connoisseur). The default tuning sounds good, offering a pleasant V-shaped curve. I wanted to underline this because the V sound signature isn’t something I particularly enjoy. Obviously, a major draw of the PineBuds is that you’ll be able to flash the internal EQ with any sound signature, and I’m certain someone will create a ‘flat’ sound signature for the Buds.

We’ve gone through a few iterations of renders, trying to figure out how we want the PineBuds to look. I am sharing some ideas below – there is no guarantee they will look like this, these are just some ideas.

PineBuds concept renders

The carrying case has some way to go before it reaches a production-ready status. The prototype case we’ve shown last month has no charging or battery LED status indicators, and it is something we’ll want to change. We’ve also decided on a sliding rather than a hinged mechanism for the lid. At present the mechanism leaves much to be desired. Obviously, it is still very early and this unit is just a proof of concept, but even at this stage, it’s clear that refining will be needed to deliver a good experience of opening and closing the case. We also haven’t zeroed in on a suitable battery to use inside the case – obviously, the bigger the battery we can squeeze in the better. As I mentioned, the current prototype was CNC milled, so I can’t speak to the feel of the shell, but the shape and size of the case are good if a little bit large. I think that the larger size of the case will be justified by the battery capacity. That’s all I have for the time being – as new prototypes are created I’ll make sure to update you on this project’s progress.

May Update: Worth The Wait | PINE64