[ROM] FroydVillain 1.5.0 "So fast it waits for YOU to boot."

Diskussion i 'Hero' startad av Laffe, 19 jul 2010.

1. Laffe

Laffe Senior Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Hallon
    Telefon:
    iPhone 6S

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Hallon
    Telefon:
    iPhone 6S
    Platta:
    Apple iPad Air 2
    FroydVillain 1.5.0

The Hero is Alive and Kicking.

Now that HTC let it die and laid it to rest, it's gonna to go to the place that's best, now they've laid it down to die, it's moving on up to Team Villain, make it fly. (Ugh that was terrible. Leaving it in anyway.)

So here we are. The end. Almost. The -real- end is yet to come in the shape of FroydVillain 2.0. However given the release cycles you've become accustomed to, this may as well be the end.

FroydVillain 1.5. What a journey it's been. We've been through some hell haven't we? GPS not working, random reboots, etc. Epic battles with dalvik and battery life. We've had everything.

Or have we?

Well 1.5 says no.

In 1.4.x dalvik had ~30 arm optimisations. 1.5 has over 200. BOY can you tell.

Yep. While dalvik was still on the ropes wondering wtf just happened I slammed it with several body blows before delivering the final uppercut of YOU WILL PLAY NICE ON THE HERO. For an encore I moved on to the OpenGL libraries that were on the sidelines pointing and laughing at dalvik and gave them a good one-two of optimisation for good measure. They suddenly didn't see the funny side of dalvik getting its ass kicked.

Man these are weak release notes. This is what happens when you lot demand great posts every release and I'm releasing roughly once a week. Those guys that do it week in week out for TV must be on some sort of drug. I want some of it.

Oh that reminds me. I've themed FroydVillain 1.5. If you're the type that has a hard on for that fucking ghastly vanilla AOSP interface then you're in for a disappointment. I might consider pushing the ugly into the OTA app as a theme at some point but that's not going to be tonight. Something was really bugging me about the finished FroydVillain article and it struck me; it's fucking ugly.

Here is the link to the Vanilla theme

I consider the AOSP interface to be so ugly it looks like it was set on fire and put out with a baseball bat covered in pig shit. It's terrible. Using it, my good eye often threatens to go the way of my left eye and just fuck off on a long vacation. God I hope Google sort this shit out for Android 3.0 I really do. As it stands right now, the vanilla interface is about as attractive as the fat spotty bitch with a purse full of alcohol money at the school disco, ready to get anything with a penis drunk as hell just to get lucky.

Android, there isn't enough money in the world, believe me.

Changes? YOU WANT CHANGES? Well here's the changes.

• GPS. DOES. WORK. THIS. TIME.

It was supposed to work last time, and the time before that. Probably the time before that too. Thankfully Cyanogen himself realised the missing piece to the puzzle and fixed the entire APNs list. Hats off to him, I had a feeling the problem was there and I certainly couldn't be arsed with it. Do you lot have -any- idea how many telco APNs there are? A LOT that's how many. There's more APNs in Android than George Dubya Bush has stupid. That's a -lot-.

So yeah. Just in case you were somehow missed, if you have GPS trouble, edit your APN and set APN type to default,supl. That'll give GPS the kick in the nuts it needs. Or stop living in whatever backward ass country you're living in and go somewhere that has real mobile/data.

Speaking of retards (I know we weren't) it's been really bugging me lately how easy it is for ROM "developers" to pull wool over people's eyes. You lot are a trusting bunch, which is endearing but unfortunately that seems to be abused.

FOR EXAMPLE. A "developer" who shall remain unamed (mostly due to forum rules) recently said they don't like my implementation of the interactive governor due to the number of kernels. THEY THEN went on to say that such "strange code" can fry your hardware which is why he won't entertain it.

Ok apart from the mindnumbing dumb that statement contains, that's not particularly funny, right? Well it gets funnier when this same "I won't put out any code that could break your hardware" champion goes ahead and releases a kernel for the Hero that can clock up to 922MHz. Bahahaha. No, I'm serious.

Phones are the same as anything else folks. Always take anything you read with a pinch of salt, even from me. Just because some ROM "developers" have an IQ smaller than the number of hydrogen atoms in a water molecule doesn't mean you have to.

Woops, I'm rambling, on to the next change.

• Wifi no longer gets its shit pushed in trying to do complicated things like "browse the internet".

Well we've fixed that too. FroydVillain 1.5 has support for a proxy over wifi only this time it doesn't get all confused over the difficulty of telling the difference between a 3g proxy and a wifi proxy. Happy days.

• Support for Conservative governor when screen off.

CPUSpeed now lets you set a different governor when the screen is off. I highly recommend using interactive (or on demand if on the 576MHz kernel) with screen on, and Conservative with screen off. Great for battery life.

• Carrier name now shows on the lockscreen and notification bar.

A small fix but as always it seems to be the small things that generate the most noise. That's when you can tell you have a good ROM, people complain about the most inane shit on the planet, like complaining they can't see their carrier name on almost every screen they need to navigate. You know, in case they forget who it is they pay their money to. :rolleyes:

• Dalvik.

I know I covered it earlier but this is so awesome it deserves covering again. Dalvik and JIT now function with -full- cpu assembler optimisations. While this doesn't translate hugely over into benchmarks, it does make a massive difference to the overall user experience. Things load faster, there's a more "snappy" feel, dalvik takes up less memory, etc etc. It's both fantastic and disgusting. Fantastic that we can enjoy it, disgusting that both Google and HTC left us with some half arsed build of Android and left it at that. Bastards. Ninpo 2, Dalvik 0.

• The kernel.

While technically separate, I need to cover changes in the kernel. Battery life -will- be ever so slightly worse than in 1.4, however more stability comes as a result. I also remembered that HTC half arsed bringing 2.6.29 to its most up to date version, so that's taken care of. I've also merged some 2.6.3x scheduling fixes in as well because I was bored between awesome moments, so I added a whole other awesome moment just for good measure.

• Lights

At long last. They work properly. Well done Revoked.

Alright, I've flogged this long enough. Here's your download links.

FroydVillain 1.5.0

Kernels:

576MHz with boot animation.
    576MHz without boot animation.
    614MHz with boot animation.
    614MHz without boot animation.
    652MHz with boot animation.
    652MHz without boot animation.
    691MHz with boot animation.
    691MHz without boot animation.
    729MHz with boot animation.
    729MHz without boot animation.
    748MHz with boot animation.
    748MHz without boot animation.
    768MHz with boot animation.
    768MHz without boot animation.

WITHOUT BOOT ANIMATION MEANS YOU WILL GET NO BOOT ANIMATION. Stating the obvious right? You'd think so, but no, a fair few people who would enter a battle of wits totally unarmed didn't realise they wouldn't get a boot animation with a no boot animation kernel. The shit I put up with for you lot, seriously.

Failing any major catastrophes requiring some OTA action, this is your lot for a while. It's been great working on FroydVillain and having you all report back on the various and drastic changes I've made. However I need a break from this more than Tom Cruise needs stilts. Besides this ROM should be stable for you all leaving me time to work on other projects, including FroydVillain 2.0, the 2.6.34 kernel and of course developing for the Nexus.

THIS SHOULD WORK WITHOUT A WIPE. However, everyone's phone/setup is different, so if you run into problems, WIPE FIRST and if overclocking TRY A SLOWER KERNEL.

Thank you all for keeping me interested and re-igniting my development hunger. Rest assured I am not done, not by a long shot, but you need a stable ROM to play with so I can work on even better shit for you in the background.

Thanks to:

Everyone remotely involved.

Special thanks to:

My IRC minions for testing the various pre releases and telling me about my fuck ups despite fear of death and banning.
    CyanogenMod project. They still taken the sting out of managing an AOSP tree.
    Kernelzilla. You're just far too clever dude, thanks for everything.
    Revoked for being my C/java bitch.
    All the people I gave special thanks to before.

Ninpo, giving you a last fuck you all for a while. Fuck you all. :) <3

EDIT: SCREENSHOTS!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: 5 sept 2010
  2. Laffe

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Hallon
    Telefon:
    iPhone 6S

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Hallon
    Telefon:
    iPhone 6S
    Platta:
    Apple iPad Air 2
    Här var alla screenshots förut, nu är dom i inlägget över ;)

Last edited: 23 aug 2010
  3. luttman

luttman Teen Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

denna kommer att testas.

4. Miklan

Miklan Adult Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Re: [ROM] FroydVillain 1.0.0 (FroYo!)

Downloading.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

EDIT: Looking good!

Rekommenderar er att läsa igenom XDA-tråden!

EDIT2: Hmm, varken Apps installer eller eosAppInstaller fungerar - FC.

Last edited: 19 jul 2010
  5. LaZe

LaZe Teen Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

hur snabb är den?

6. Json_81

Json_81 Adult Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Finns tethering med? Hittade inget om det på xda.

7. vastis

vastis Teen Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Hallon
    Telefon:
    Oneplus 11

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Hallon
    Telefon:
    Oneplus 11
    Platta:
    Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
    Övrigt:
    Pixel Watch
    Inga problem med appinstaller hos mig.
    Förutom kameran funkar allt jag använder minst lika snabbt och bra som i VillainROM12. Men det är ju så mycket roligare med FroYo :)

Istället för att läsa allt tjaffs på XDA, föredrar jag att läsa i irc-kanalen eller VillainROM-forumet.

8. Laffe

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Hallon
    Telefon:
    iPhone 6S

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Hallon
    Telefon:
    iPhone 6S
    Platta:
    Apple iPad Air 2
    De som testat denna (har inte hunnit gjort det än, men ska göra det snart), hur funkar det med A2SD?
    Är det den officiella A2SD (att man måste flytta över apparna tsom stödjer det till SD-kortet) eller är det som A2SD på 2.1-rommar?

9. boe

boe Adult Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Får inte FB att synka (laddat ned alternativ fb-app från xda). Samt så skulle jag vilja ha ett tangentbord med T9.

10. kosmiq

kosmiq Adult Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

11. Miklan

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Den är riktigt "snappy", dock så fungerar inte OC som det ska. En ny kernel är påväg, håller på att testas nu av villain.

Som jag tidigare skrev så får jag fortfarande FC på 'apps installer' etc. Funderar om det beror på SD-kortet. Får upp "Reading SD-card" och efter en stund så kommer FC upp.
    Har provat whipe och nyflash ett antal gånger utan bättre resultat. Ska partionera om SD-kortet och köra en ny flash...

EDIT: Ingen skillnad, jaja. Astro fungerar lika bra.

EDIT2: Problemet med att Spotify avslutas etc. i 2.1 verkar inte finnas i denna ;)

Här finns live wallpaper för de som vill ha det. Pulser i Villain team säger dock att Hero + lwp kan i vissa fall orsaka problem. Själv har jag inte upplevt något, än.

Last edited: 20 jul 2010
  12. marcinr

marcinr Kid Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

lite seg, tror jag går tillbaka till villainrom 12.
    +uppdaterade alla apps som jag haft sedan tidigare automatiskt (?)
    +skönare UI
    -ganska slö (gämfört med 2.1)
    -tangentbordets rättstavning fungerar inte
    -låg volym
    - trackball LED funkar inte

13. Miklan

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Hm, konstigt. Min är inte ett dugg seg - flyter på riktigt bra.
    Tydligen så ska rättstavningen fungera men att det tar ett längre tag för den att lära sig vad du skriver(??), enligt XDA tråden.

Uppdateringen är en feature i market för 2.2, om jag inte är helt ute och cyklar.

Fix för trackball och annat smått är påväg samt ny kernel(!). Känner mig helnöjd.

Villainrom 12 är inte fel den heller ;)

14. vastis

vastis Teen Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Hallon
    Telefon:
    Oneplus 11

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Hallon
    Telefon:
    Oneplus 11
    Platta:
    Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
    Övrigt:
    Pixel Watch
    Det är den "gamla" 2.1-modellen.

15. Laffe

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Hallon
    Telefon:
    iPhone 6S

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Hallon
    Telefon:
    iPhone 6S
    Platta:
    Apple iPad Air 2
    Va bra! :D
    Blir att flasha denna nu :)

16. marcinr

marcinr Kid Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

auto uppdatering märkte jag. Men jag menar att efter full wipe och flashing så ladda den ner alla apps jag hade innan wipe tillbaka, helt automatiskt :P

17. Departementet

Departementet Teen Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Det märkte jag också :P
    Fina grejer det!

Men jag byta tillbaka till VanilliaEclair 5 <3

18. Miklan

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Mjo, riktigt behändigt!

EDIT: Batteritiden är grymt bra.

Last edited: 22 jul 2010
  19. 2_Thumbs_Up

2_Thumbs_Up Youth Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Laddas inställningarna till appsen ner också?

20. Aniquibobo

Aniquibobo Adult Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    Telefon:
    iPhone 14 Pro

MINA ENHETER

Telefon:
    iPhone 14 Pro
    FroydVillain 1.1.0 is out

Mirror:
    Kod:
    http://hotfile.com/dl/56903947/75cbc17/Froyd1.1.0-release-signed.zip.html