There ain´t a language for that? CN/SE/ENG?

Diskussion i 'International forum' startad av mikasjoman, 5 dec 2009.

1. mikasjoman

mikasjoman Baby Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Hi

I am writing this in English since there may be other international guys out there having the same problem but with a different language.

I currently live in China, so I need three languages to work: English, Swedish and Chinese (pinyin input - not traditional Chinese characters).

I have a new HTC Hero with a Chinese ROM, and I installed the Scandinavian keyboard from the Android market already having the English and Chinese input from the start. Never getting it to work - whoever tries to help me out.

Switching only works between eng/cn- keyboard and the Scandinavian never shows up.

Coming from the iPhone - that has all the languages from scratch, this gives me a deal breaker point; there needs to be a "keyboard for that". Otherwise; sell and buy a new iPhone again :(

What really disturbs me is that it isn´t possible to directly download a keyboard/localization from the settings. It´s kind a the basics for an OS manage anno 2009.

But please - if you have any help, write something that could help me or others.

2. mikasjoman

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Hey - could anyone test if they can install a chinese pinyin (abcd) input system to the Swedish ROM they have on their HTC Hero from Android Market?

And then go to 163.com (which is one of the most popular Chinese homepages) and see if they see Chinese characters when visiting that page? And maybe just type some and see if they get some of those nice Chinese characters bumping up as choices?

3. mikasjoman

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Actually there is.

The guide on how to get a Scandinavian language, Chinese and English to work on an HTC Hero (model cupcake - probably works for other handsets too).

Step 1. Download the Modaco 3.0 from

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero-hero-modaco-com/292018/gsm-02-12-3-0-modaco-custom-rom-core-chinese-with-tck-featuring-wavesecure/

NOTE: DO NOT INSTALL THE CHINESE VERSION - THEN YOU WON´T GET THE SCANDINAVIAN INPUT TO SHOW UP.

2. Install Modaco it as instructed on the page. I also did a factory reset after that to get all the other things away to not get any conflicts. (switch of phone, hold down "home" button AND press start until you get the interface up, and make a factory reset. Observe: this is AFTER you have cleaned your chinese ROM away.

3. Now with a handset with an clean english 3.0 Modaco on it, go to Android market, download both the "Scandinavian keyboard" and "Swedish dictionary". In the Locales settings, activate Scandinavian keyboard and choose Swedish dictionary from its settings.

4. Search again android market for "Google pinyin IME" and install.

5. I did a reboot, might work without that step, but to be sure - why not.

6. Open Gmail or Messages and start writing a new message.

7. Hold down your finger for a couple of seconds at the input window "where it says "compose Mail" in gray in the Gmail app.

8. Click "Select input method" and press Scandinavian keyboard. I now still had a Norwegian input, so to change to the swedish one with åäö do the following.

9. Press the "?123" button until you get a menu coming up. Press "Keyboard layout" and choose your Scandinavian language of choice - I did Swedish.

10. Press the "?123" button again, and choose "Dictionary language" and check that the phone is using your scandinavian language of choice.

Done!

To switch between languages just press the input window and if you try the chinese "Pinyin" input - you will see that it´s way nicer to write in than the one that comes with the original HTC Hero ROM. Enjoy!

4. pacman

pacman Adult Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

If you'd get support for pinyin in AnySoftKeyboard I guess the swiping for changing keyboards would help you a lot...
    ...just a tip for the future (when pinyin will be supported).

5. mikasjoman

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

localization anyone?

Would you know on how to get swedish localization on the Hero? I am trying that link on Modaco page, but that get´s me nowhere. Neither does Google give me any answer or searching localization here at swedroid.

My friend has swedish localization, but she got it from start when buying the phone.

6. zacha

zacha Infant Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

As a swede currently living it Taiwan (for half year longer at least) this thread interests me :)

So it is possible to get swedish/english/chinese(pinyin) on a hero? But you "lose" the swedish interface? Does this mean you lose the HTC Sense entirely or just that you can't find the Swedish version?

Also do you know if this is possible on any other android phone? Or is it dependent on this special Hero firmware?

Sorry for the many questions but as I finally found a thread speaking exactly about what I want I can finally ask all those questions I have thought about :)