Guide: Perfect Android L ROM/KERNEL For The OPO

Diskussion i 'OnePlus One - ROM-filer och utveckling' startad av conny85, 2 jan 2015.

1. conny85

conny85 Professional Droid Hedersmedlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    Operatör:
    Halebop
    Telefon:
    OnePlus 6

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Halebop
    Telefon:
    OnePlus 6
    Telefon 2:
    Oneplus 3
    Quotat direkt från OPO forum!! Ska tydligen vara grym kombo https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/perfect-android-l-rom-kernel-for-the-opo-d.225630/

flasha på eget ansvar. Är du osäker ,LÄS flera gånger , fråga !!

"Okay so lately i have been wanting to use android L really badly, and ive done alot of searching around to find the perfect android L ROM/Kernel for the OnePlus One. Cm11s is great but i'm ready to move on to android L, this combination ROM/Kernel will give you most likely the fastest performance of any L ROM there is for the OPO.

Please read everything, as i will be talking about features, (how to's) and afew bugs i noticed, and how to squash them.

And here it is...

So for the ROM i am using
    SlimSaber: http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/development/rom-slimsaber-bacon-t2858033

And the kernel i am using is
    SM/Linar:o http://forum.xda-developers.com/one...naro-optimized-franco-kernel-o3-aosp-t2861919

So, SlimSaber is a very light android L rom that uses SaberMod for nice peformance. The SM/Linaro Kernel just goes perfect with it, to get a smooth and fast experience.

I will start by saying i did a benchmark test on antutu after the first boot, and scored an amazing 52751!! (Cpu oc 2.88ghz) Which was higher than when i was on cm11s with a custom kernel.

<The right kernel>

Make sure to click (V56 and higher with anykernel ramdisk) from the kernel thread, then
    TyrV58-Linaro.zip from the download page! (this is what i am using)

<Installing>

Of course the rom, then kernel will be installed first, but i wanted to note that i am using the mini gapps, i prefer this because it has the minimal needed gapps to make it just (work) then you can choose what else to download from the play store after. Just to keep everything to a maximum clean install. Only extra app i installed was google search, as i dont want an empty space up top. you can find the gapps from the main ROM thread above. :)

When booting for the first time icons and drop down bar will look kinda small due to lcd density preset of 370, if you would like to adjust this, download root explorer (or whatever you like, must be a root explorer), go to the system folder, then find build.prop which you will hold down on and press, open in text editor, it will then ask to remount to r/w, select yes, the build.prop will then open for you to edit, scroll down until you see ro.sf.lcd_density=xxx, xxx meaning the number you would like. The default will be 370, i put mine at 460, the default value for the opo is 480. After number is changed press the upper menu button (3 dots in top corner) to save changes, reboot. Done!

<How to activate root>

Go into settings, about device, scroll down, tab build number 7 times, press back button, click developer options, click root access, i set mine to Apps and ADB. But feel free to choose what you will use.

<Kernel config>

Synapse can be used to control the kernel, but it is telling me no UCI support detected, if someone figures out how to make it work, let me know!

So what i am doing for now is using the built in performance tool which you can find in settings, i changed the governor to ondemand and the i/o to ROW. Then check the box, apply on every boot.

<Unneeded apps that can be disabled>

Go to settings, apps, ALL, to disable the following, only if you want to.

Browser, (i use chrome)
    Calender, (its on the wall)
    Calender Storage
    Email, (gmail is the best)
    Exchange Services, there is 2 of these for some reason.
    Hangouts Dialer, (ill just use the dialer)
    Messaging, (i like using sms with hangouts)

<Bugs>

Bugs that i have noticed are:

1. Screen not turning on after notifications come in. Home button lights would stay on and screen would not turn on, forcing to hard reboot.

2. I plugged my pc into my phone and it froze, rebooting itself. Its only occurred once.

3. Screen will non stop wake up from notifications appearing. On and off.
    That's about it for now, other common bugs can be found in the main ROM thread.

<Bug Squashes!>

Bug 1. Can be fixed by re-flashing the modem via recovery, modem list can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/ref-oneplus-one-modem-collection-t2858734 i flashed the latest XNPH44S (11/07/14) modem which is at the top of that threads list.

Bug .2 Nothing yet. Has only happened once.

Bug .3 Can be fixed by disabling, Ambient Display, from the display section, in settings.

----------------------------------

I hope i have put all of the info in here needed to help you guys have a perfect install and experience, if any info/questions are needed you can find it all in the main ROM thread. Or ask me and i will do my best to help

This ROM & Kernal will only get better! :D

Credits go t:o
    fusionjack For this amazing ROM!

DerRomtester (And more on the kernel thread) For the awesome kernel!

And zephiK For the modems! (which fix the screen stuck issue that users will find a big issue, in this rom)

Bifogade filer:

Last edited: 2 jan 2015