Diskussion: How Much of the Internet Is Fake? Turns Out, a Lot of It, Actually.

Diskussion i 'Off Topic' startad av cobben, 8 jan 2019.

1. cobben

cobben Professional Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:
    1 175
    Operatör:
    Fello, Chilimobil, LMT
    Telefon:
    Asus zenfone 6 Edition 30

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Fello, Chilimobil, LMT
    Telefon:
    Info:
    Död numera, batteriet svällde upp
    Telefon 2:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix1
    ROM:
    Xiaomi.eu weekly
    Info:
    There can be only one!
    Telefon 3:
    Xiaomi Mi Note 2 International
    ROM:
    Xiaomi.eu weekly
    Info:
    Fungerar väldigt bra än idag
    Platta:
    Cube iWork11 Stylus
    ROM:
    Win10
    Platta 2:
    Antik Sony laptop
    ROM:
    Win XP, rysk version
    Jag har tänkt utveckla detta med någon intervju med Qualcomm(?!), som kanske visar vart vi är på väg.

life in pixels Dec. 26, 2018
    How Much of the Internet Is Fake? Turns Out, a Lot of It, Actually.
    By Max Read

In late November, the Justice Department unsealed indictments against eight people accused of fleecing advertisers of $36 million in two of the largest digital ad-fraud operations ever uncovered. Digital advertisers tend to want two things: people to look at their ads and “premium” websites — i.e., established and legitimate publications — on which to host them.
    The two schemes at issue in the case, dubbed Methbot and 3ve by the security researchers who found them, faked both.

. . .

Where does that leave us? I’m not sure the solution is to seek out some pre-Inversion authenticity — to red-pill ourselves back to “reality.” What’s gone from the internet, after all, isn’t “truth,” but trust: the sense that the people and things we encounter are what they represent themselves to be. Years of metrics-driven growth, lucrative manipulative systems, and unregulated platform marketplaces, have created an environment where it makes more sense to be fake online — to be disingenuous and cynical, to lie and cheat, to misrepresent and distort — than it does to be real. Fixing that would require cultural and political reform in Silicon Valley and around the world, but it’s our only choice. Otherwise we’ll all end up on the bot internet of fake people, fake clicks, fake sites, and fake computers, where the only real thing is the ads.

2. cobben

Mottagna gillanden:
    1 175
    Operatör:
    Fello, Chilimobil, LMT
    Telefon:

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Fello, Chilimobil, LMT
    Telefon:
    Info:
    Telefon 2:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix1
    ROM:
    Xiaomi.eu weekly
    Info:
    There can be only one!
    Telefon 3:
    ROM:
    Xiaomi.eu weekly
    Info:
    Platta:
    Cube iWork11 Stylus
    ROM:
    Win10
    Platta 2:
    Antik Sony laptop
    ROM:
    Win XP, rysk version
    Och när Fortnite sömlöst integreras med dina personliga omgivingar, så att du inte kan skilja på vad som finns/händer i Fortnite och vad som finns/händer i det "verkliga" livet . . .

Och när andra aktörer har åtkomst till och möjlighet att godtyckligt ändra i vad du upplever som verkligt, om det nu är för att sälja dig tjänster, utnyttja dig, eller "bara" för ditt eget bästa . . .

January 3, 2019
    Mishaal Rahman
    5G in 2019: Qualcomm’s Cristiano Amon talks 5G expansion and what it brings to the table

. . .
    It’s cross-platform for Fortnite. Fortnite is the best thing to happen for mobile gaming and for developers since there’s a lot more mobile users. So now you have your 5G device and you have a mature network. Now, with computing at the edge, you want to play a game that requires more processing capabilities than your smartphone—that’s your gaming co-processor right there. 5G is at length, so all of a sudden, you’ll be able to play console games on demand without having to carry all of the silicon in your phone.
    Then we keep going down the future lane as the processing evolves at the edge, all of a sudden, you could have some use cases that also take advantage of both the processing and low latency. I like to refer to the Netflix series Black Mirror. If you walk around using the Oculus Go, humans will like that for certain applications, but we’re not going to walk around with that. But humans will not reject this. I think Qualcomm has shown how we could show you 5G in a device like this when it has the 5G radios, as you have some rendering capabilities. But then you rely on 5G to do the split rendering on the cloud like the game example I gave you. Then, when the coverage is there and the latency is there—and the latency is key for you to do things in the cloud and come back to you—I will be able to get into this room and look at you, Mario, before Catherine tells us “this is the guy that said bad things about [the] 810,” you know. I will go to your LinkedIn and see, “are we connected in any way?” and then I say that “have you met this person before?” because I read it as it’s registering in the cloud. Those types of use cases, they’re not that futuristic.

. . .

3. cobben

Mottagna gillanden:
    1 175
    Operatör:
    Fello, Chilimobil, LMT
    Telefon:

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Fello, Chilimobil, LMT
    Telefon:
    Info:
    Telefon 2:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix1
    ROM:
    Xiaomi.eu weekly
    Info:
    There can be only one!
    Telefon 3:
    ROM:
    Xiaomi.eu weekly
    Info:
    Platta:
    Cube iWork11 Stylus
    ROM:
    Win10
    Platta 2:
    Antik Sony laptop
    ROM:
    Win XP, rysk version
    Huvuduppgiften för AI är att falsifiera verkligheten.

Det ser man tydligt i utvecklingen av AI för kamera apparna i mobilerna, där att "beautify" verkar vara det viktigaste, och att skapa en verklighetstrogen bild är ointressant.

Nästa kan vara:

"Din personliga Fake news generator i mobilen!"

Elon Musk-Backed Software Can Churn Fake News Stories And Is "Too Dangerous To Release"

OpenAI, a company co-founded by Musk, has rolled out a piece of software that can produce real looking fake news articles after being given just a few pieces of information to work with.

An example of this was recently reported by technology website stuff, detailing an example published last Thursday. The system was given sample text of: "A train carriage containing controlled nuclear materials was stolen in Cincinnati today. Its whereabouts are unknown."

From there, software was able to write a seven paragraph news story, including quotes from government officialswith the only catch being that the story was 100% made up.

4. cobben

Mottagna gillanden:
    1 175
    Operatör:
    Fello, Chilimobil, LMT
    Telefon:

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Fello, Chilimobil, LMT
    Telefon:
    Info:
    Telefon 2:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix1
    ROM:
    Xiaomi.eu weekly
    Info:
    There can be only one!
    Telefon 3:
    ROM:
    Xiaomi.eu weekly
    Info:
    Platta:
    Cube iWork11 Stylus
    ROM:
    Win10
    Platta 2:
    Antik Sony laptop
    ROM:
    Win XP, rysk version
    AI can now generate fake human bodies and faces, OpenAI to share a larger GPT-2 model, and more
    Which model is real? The top one? The one on the bottom left? Or the one on the middle?
    By Katyanna Quach 6 May 2019

Fake AI bodies: You’ve heard about fake AI faces, but did you know that neural networks can now dream up completely imaginary beings, face and body and all?

DataGrid, a startup based in Tokyo, have built a generative adversarial network (GAN) to spit out images of nonexistent people wearing make-believe clothes. Why? Well, “automatic generation of full-body model AI is expected to be used as a virtual model for advertising and apparel EC,” said DataGrid. Computer-generated characters can be designed to look how their creators want them to look, perfect and unflawed.

The next stop is to bring these AI bodies to life, DataGrid said. “We will further improve the accuracy of the whole-body model automatic generation AI and research and develop the motion generation AI. In addition, we will conduct demonstration experiments with advertising and apparel companies to develop functions required for actual operation.”

5. cobben

Mottagna gillanden:
    1 175
    Operatör:
    Fello, Chilimobil, LMT
    Telefon:

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Fello, Chilimobil, LMT
    Telefon:
    Info:
    Telefon 2:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix1
    ROM:
    Xiaomi.eu weekly
    Info:
    There can be only one!
    Telefon 3:
    ROM:
    Xiaomi.eu weekly
    Info:
    Platta:
    Cube iWork11 Stylus
    ROM:
    Win10
    Platta 2:
    Antik Sony laptop
    ROM:
    Win XP, rysk version
    HM var förre din tid tydligen.

Advancing Time
    Friday, November 8, 2019
    Technology Spurs On Our Ability To Deceive

Back in 2011, Swedish fashion chain H&M admitted to using computer-generated models to showcase collections on its website. Since that time the ability to create computer-generated images has only gotten better. We have advanced to where it is difficult, no, it would be more accurate to say impossible to know if what you are seeing is really a person or simply the image of one. Drilling down into this issue forces us to where creativity, marketing, and price-point intersect and that has huge implications for society going forward.
    . . .
    The fact is we now have computers that sound more human than humans and on a positive note speak more clearly. It is not difficult imagining such figures saving media networks money by delivering the news. All this takes us to a time in the future when computers have the ability to generate images that deliver dialog and can act with emotion. By mimicking figures of the past or their best qualities and traits it would be possible to create false figures with compelling personalities.
    . . .

Last edited: 10 nov 2019
  6. cobben

Mottagna gillanden:
    1 175
    Operatör:
    Fello, Chilimobil, LMT
    Telefon:

MINA ENHETER

Operatör:
    Fello, Chilimobil, LMT
    Telefon:
    Info:
    Telefon 2:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix1
    ROM:
    Xiaomi.eu weekly
    Info:
    There can be only one!
    Telefon 3:
    ROM:
    Xiaomi.eu weekly
    Info:
    Platta:
    Cube iWork11 Stylus
    ROM:
    Win10
    Platta 2:
    Antik Sony laptop
    ROM:
    Win XP, rysk version
    Photoshop users make the impossible possible, and for that, we thank them for taking creativity to places we never could have dreamed. Some things are so amazing, we're not sure if they're Real or Photoshop. Can you tell?

Test your powers of observation.

Real or Photoshop